Re: Spider roll bars

Digesti,

I got way behind in digests, and am just catching up. Apoligies if the
Spider roll bar dialog has already dealt with this issue:
The autopower Race roll bar from IOPort and others has been revised to a
wider width and it can't be used in a street Spider; the entire top
mechanism must be removed for clearance. I have been in touch with IOPort,
regarding this, and they were very helpfull in resolving this issue. But I
now must fabricate a track legal bar to update the old bar in my Spider.

Brian Shorey has a nice website illustrating a removable installation of an
older style Autopower race in his track / street Spider. Russ Neeley also
used one while disconnecting some mechanism joints to erect the top over the
taller bar.

Does anyone have an old style Autopower race bar for sale?

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY