'86 GTV6 Does Not Start After Stereo Console Removal

Folks- car was running fine before; now not starting.  Doesn't seem to be
catching fire or spark, coil is receiving power, have not yet checked if
engine is receiving spark via distributor.
Meanwhile the fuses in the fusebox all look fine.  Is there some other fuse
somewhere in the engine bay to check?
Also can smell fuel, so I'm almost totally convinced that fuel starvation is
out.
Also, I'm assuming I touched a hot wire somewhere when removing the console,
(which did not have a radio installed but had one once upon a time) as the car
was starting fine prior to the removal.  Any suggestions what to troubleshoot
next?  I'm going to buy some new fuses anyway.  Also, a P.O. had an alarm
system in the car at one time. The horn and some wiring are still there, but
not the control unit.  Is this another potential area causing this problem?

TIA, Rob in Nor-Cal