RE: Chassis Stiffening for Alfa Spiders

Craig Bereznoff wrote:

>I don't think that just because others have noted improvement after
>installing a stiffener means that actual improvement has occurred.
>There can be a pretty powerful placebo
>effect when one spends $500.00 for a cure.

I'll tell you what:

I've got a chassis stiffener on my 72 Spider, a Spider that I have owned for
about 24 years now. I'm about to road test it next week after a four year
restoration project and I'll give an objective report. I'm not one who is
easily convinced of aftermarket claims and I'm aware of the symptoms that
the chassis stiffener is designed to address. It is, in fact, one of a very
few non stock modifications that I decided to perform on my Spider and that
was based on who designed it to begin with and on some, in my opinion, very
credible testimonials from people that I feel know a lot more about these
cars than I do. (Even though, after this project, there isn't a square
centimeter of this car that doesn't have my fingerprints all over it and I
feel that I have a very intimate and comprehensive knowledge of it)

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa