Re: USA 115 GT Veloce windshields & Trim

When I installed the gasket style windshield in my 72 GTV 2 years ago, I was
able to obtain a new reproduction set of trim from Re-Originals. Yes, it was
nearly as expensive as the windshield. The big problem was I discovered that
it was slightly the wrong shape and was preventing the installation of the
window by forcing the gasket into the wrong shape at the corners. I have
installed windshields on other cars before and not experienced any problems.
The usual procedure is to put the trim, gasket & window together before
installing, but in this case, all 3 together just wouldn't fit onto the GTV
window frame. Eventually I simply installed the window without the trim
which was easy to do, thus confirming that the shape of the trim was
interfering with installation.

The car doesn't look bad without the trim & when/if I have reason to remove
or replace the front glass, I'll probably take it to a pro who can figure
out how to rebend the compound curves of the trim to sit properly against
the gasket.

Rich M
72 GTV
67 Gilera Guibileo 124 5V