Re: USA 115 GT Veloce windshields

Emmo wrote "Yes, Alfa used a gasket for the front windshield thru 1971 I
believe." Not quite; my 1971 definitely had/has a glue-in. The best
information I have is that the change from gasket to glue-in on the US cars
came at car #1532000/1532001,which corresponds to a slew of other unrelated
changes- and would seem to be the 1969 to 1970 break. Probably not important,
thirty years later any car could have either.

On the same topic Dion Fields wrote "when replacing the windshield, it is
popular to retrofit to the old gasket style glass and rubber.  but the proper
aluminium trim (  yours is stainless steel  and wont work )  is nearly as
expensive as the glass." I had understood that the easily-ruined trim is
unobtainable; if it is available, even "nearly as expensive as the glass",
that is some of the best news I've had in the last four months since my one
spare set was pretzeled. I, and perhaps others, would appreciate source
information.

John H.