Re: How to seal holes between trunk and pass. compartment on Spider

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:45:08 -0800 (PST) Ian Lomax <sfalfisto@domain.elided> wrote:
> Any suggestion?  So far the thoughts I've had include
> some sort of putty to seal the gap around the tubes
> and wires, or a rubber barrier/sheet with holes for
> the tubes and wires.  Anybody else already done this?

i'm used to doing this on race cars, where the barrier is intended to slow
or stop the spread of flames in an incident.

for small spaces, silicone from a tube, maybe?

for larger gaps, sheet aluminum with sheet metal screws or pop rivets, and
then silicone up the gap. use rubber or plastic grommets where tubing and
wires pass through, and then fill with more silicone.

for small holes, pop rivets or screws to plug.

richard