Alternatives to Freon - please label your system

EPA has approved 11 replacements for Freon in cars.  To protect someone who
might service the vehicle in the future, EPA has identified special fittings
and labels for 10 of the 11.  I just checked and the EPA site says ES-12R by
Intervest has not been submitted to EPA and is illegal in the US.  No big
deal, I'm not your mother.  Still, if you are using it, please put some sort
of tag or label on the AC system so that if you forget to mention it when
you sell the car, the next owner or AC mechanic will know what is in the
system.  Not just for safety -- an AC shop will suck the old stuff into a
recovery tank before working on the system and if they think your system is
stock, they could contaminate some expensive recovered Freon.

www.epa.gov/ozone/snap/refrigerants/macssubs.html