re; New Alfa vin #

Peter writes:

After lurking for a long time, I have finally acquired myself an Alfa Romeo
again. I bought a 1968 Duetto Spider. So I will probably have a few
questions shortly.
For now, I have two:
1) The seller tells me the VIN number is ARXXXXXX, or 8 digits. Can this be
correct? I would think I can only insure the car with all 17 digits??

Congrats ! My Duetto is titled as a 68 but was built in June of 67. The vin is the correct number of digits for that year and I had no difficulty getting it registered

Good luck on the drive.

Dan
67 ( 68) Duetto
74 GTV