Re: New Alfa!

> After lurking for a long time, I have finally
> acquired myself an Alfa Romeo
> again. I bought a 1968 Duetto Spider. So I will
> probably have a few
> questions shortly.

congratulations!

> For now, I have two:
>
> 1) The seller tells me the VIN number is ARXXXXXX,
> or 8 digits. Can this be
> correct? I would think I can only insure the car
> with all 17 digits??

it should be nine digits, my spider's is AR1486763
(hell, I can't remember my mom's birthday but I can
remember my car's VIN?  how's that for twisted...)

> 2) I am considering driving this vehicle home to
> Austin, TX, from San Diego,
> CA this weekend. As I do not know the vehicle, I am
> a little worried to get
> stuck on this 1100 mile trip. Any Alfisti that I can
> call for some help
> along the way (I-10)??

check the AROC website for club contacts along the way
and print them out, and i'm sure others will respond
with offers to help if needed.

> Thanks for any advice!!
>
> Regards
> Peter