Solved blue cloud and other issues

In my introduction e-mail I promised to post back a summary of people's advice and my solutions to my laundry list of issues. In the last week I've taken it in to a professional (Eddie at Silicon Valley Performance, nearby and recommended by two list members,) and now have a much better idea of what kind of state my car is in. It's now all set to do my big road trip next week, Yosimite->Death Valley->Barstow->Santa Barbara and back.

1. The first issue is the tach. Diagnosis? Tach broken. Would be anywhere from $200 to $325 to get it removed, sent out to be repaired, and re-installed, and would take the better part of a week. Or I could do the removal and reassembly myself and just pay the $75-$200 estimated repair cost. I'll deal with it when I get back.
2&3. Seat stuff. Didn't look at it, but some list members had some suggestions I'll comment on when I try them.
4. Bolt. Apparently these bolts are everywhere and common. Yay.
5. Rust in wheel well. Haven't done anything about it yet.
6. Spare key. There are key blanks for auction on eBay. They are not "original" but are reproductions that work. However, the eBay price started $1 more than the price you can find on their web site, keys4classics.com, if you order directly from them. I guess they figure lazy people will just buy whatever is posted on eBay.
7. Heater fan switch. Silicon Valley Performance (I'll just refer to them as SVP) had a spare. Fan works. Some may snicker at me, but this is the only part so far that has cancelled a pleasure drive through the coastal hills when it got too cold, and I definitely wanted it working for Yosimite.
8. "Clunk" when shifting into 3rd. Eddie at SVP told me that this was probably nothing serious, and that some Alfas even do this from the factory. Just be more careful shifting and it shouldn't cause any harm. Nonetheless, it feels a little better now so perhaps when he topped off the fluids that helped a little.
9. Blue smoke. This one turned into a biggie this past weekend, getting way worse. A day after coming back from SVP with a relatively clean bill of health, every 15 minutes or so my car would suddenly start spewing HUGE blue smoke clouds for 2-5 seconds at a time, then clear up as if nothing was wrong. It looked like I was playing Spy Hunter and did the smokescreen, or my engine had caught fire or something. I was worried that my engine needed a complete rebuild, and so much for taking the Alfa on the road trip. But then Mark Denovich suggested that this didn't sound like a oil control ring problem, which would be consistent and get steadily worse, and to instead check the oil vapor separator. Once I figured out what the heck that was, I disconnected one of the hoses and found the outlet pipe was half clogged with rusty, oily, goo. Goo that would break off in slimy chunks and be fed directly back into my air intake and into the cylinders. I removed the thing and cleaned out the separator with some heavy-duty carb cleaner, then scraped and wiped the insides of the hoses as well as I could. After putting it all back together, no more smoke! I will do a full writeup for Mark's wiki, but this is definitely something to check if you're getting hard-to-reproduce puffs of blue smoke. It's listed as a standard maintenance item, but is apparently often overlooked and there are no good instructions I could find on how to do it.
10. Brakes squeal. According to Eddie at SVP, my right-front calipers were providing very little stopping power, and the front brake system-- hoses, calipers, discs, pads, etc.-- needed replacing. Now no more squeaking or pulling, and better braking!
11-13. Misc stuff.