engine swap

       The problem is the flywheel / bellhousing.  The 2000 flywheel is
larger and attaches to the crankshaft with six bolts.  The 2000 bellhousing
is also larger and may not clear your transmission tunnel.
       The 1300 / 1600 and 1750 all have eight bolts attaching the flywheel
to the crankshaft.  The early flywheels will all interchange and will all fit
into the early small bellhousing.  That is why 1750 swaps are so popular in
early Alfas.
       The 1969 Alfas had floor mounted pedals with a hydraulic clutch.  Find
a 69 pedal box with a clutch master cylinder and you can run a 2000
transmission.  Or you can it you modify the transmission tunnel.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City