Re: Chassis Stiffening for Alfa Spiders ???

> > A) Has anyone bothered to measure the torsional stiffness
> > and/or torsional
> > resonant frequency with and without this bolt-on gizmo?

> I haven't, but I remember one of the car mags doing a test on something
> years ago.  I seem to remember it involved raising one corner of the car
> a measured amount, and measuring the deflection somehow.  The somehow is
> the hard part.

This is probably taking "hack engineering" to a new low, but I have an idea.
Raise one corner of the car - even drive one wheel up onto a curb or
something - then open one of the doors and measure the relationship of the
top of the door to the sill plate and the top of the door to the vertical
sill with the latch.

The narrower the angles, the stiffer the chassis, right?

Paul Misencik
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided
www.paoloroman.com