Short Shift Lever for Spiders

       Saw off the shifter and get longer arms to reach the new knob.
       Some racers build a device that moves the shifter back behind the
normal location.  That moves the shifter closer and can be built to shorten
the shifter throw.  The devices I have used still use the stock cross bar
inside the transmission.  No way to change the leverage inside the
transmission tower that I can think of.
       I do not recall seeing such devices advertised.  You might contact
Paul Spruell, Jon Norman or Jack Beck.  All race Alfas and might offer these
shifters.  It is complicated and will be expensive.  There may be a photo of
one of these shifters on Mike Valent's web page.  He built one for his Super.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City