105 transmission flush?

       Put it in your parts washer and flush out the gunk.  With care you
should not get grit and gunk in the bearings.
       It is far easier with the case split.  Splitting the case is not that
big a deal if you already have the bellhousing and rear yoke removed to
replace the seals.
       As to the residual oil on the bearings, it may be gone if you wash
everything thoroughly.  But the new transmission lube will quickly
relubricate everything.  I normally put some Lubriplate on the internal
bearings on the main shaft.  However, the large roller bearings will get
oiled pretty rapidly.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City