re: '87 Spider fuel vapor system

Dean,
	My cure for this is to buy those turn-water-into-gasoline tablets which
doesn't produce the same gasoline fragrance as gas station gas (it sure
is sweet with bottled water).  However if you can't find these valuable
tablets, try these:

	- check all fuel lines for leaks, seepage, old age in the trunk
	- check fuel lines under the car
	- check fuel cap gasket
	- check fuel filler neck gasket (or am I confusing it with my GTV?)
	- tighten all gas tank related hose clamps inside the trunk
	- send me a blank check, signed
	- check trunk lid seal
	- check vapor recovery system for leaks
	- check vapor recovery one-way value for failure
	- check your hat and coat at the door
	- check the vapor recovery charcoal canisters - behind a panel inside
the passengers front wheel well
	- check all fuel lines in the engine compartment

I've found that the less gas in the gas tank, the more pressure is built
up in the tank when driving.  I'm inured to it now.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider