Re: More on Chassis Stiffener

At 06:27 PM 3/21/03 +0000, you wrote:
<snip>..significant stiffening is doubtful, in my mind.
The means to stiffen a chassis is to get material away from the axis of
rotation, like what a coupes roof does. On the otherhand, testimonials are testimonials.
modelle in Somers Point
-----
It was my understanding the chassis stiffener provides best results on pre-80s spiders, particularly in those high mileage/hammered/rusted history examples.

Anyone else heard this theory?

//kct, Powell, TN ('73 spider w/150K, PO-repaired rusted rockers, lots of former mid-west patina.)