Emissions question

     Had my wife's '91 Spider inspected yesterday and the HC reading at low
     idle seemed pretty high. The car passed but the reading was 171 for a
     220 ppm standard. I changed the oil, plugs and air filter right before
     taking it down there. Any ideas as to why the HC reading would be
     high ? Perhaps its time for a new O2 sensor or perhaps the temperature
     sensor is causing the engine to run too rich at idle ?

     Kevin Fillip
     Dallas, Tejas

     '85 GTV-6
     '91 Spider