Re: Joe's 164 idle actuator options

Hi Joe,
To look at the idle actuator from the 164 you might assume that the options
are "full open" or "open to just a tiny slit". The unit is controlled by the
Motronic computer. I believe the Motronic computer is plenty sophisticated to
control the idle actuator through a full range of options.
To fit this up to your GTV6 plenum you'd need to drill a big hole in the
plenum first off, secure the idle actuator in place, provide  power source
for the actuator, wire up a control device (are you thinking of a pot that
you yourself tune as you drive? or some sort of automated control?)
While I don't doubt you engineering abilities, I believe you'd do best to
find the problem in your fuel injection system without adapting a device from
a different system.
I'm assuming you've gone through the instructions for idle adjustment at
GTV6.org.
If you haven't I'd recommend it highly.
The L-Jetronic system is one of my favorites for its simplicity but, when you
do start to have problems you have so many places with moderate wear and worn
surfaces that it's hard to point in any particular direction.
I hope this helps at least a little bit.
bye now,
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (very clean idle acuator)