Re: Formula One v Nascar

 >what would be the point of fast pit stops when everyone
> drives the same speed and can catch up at the next yellow caution?

Ahhh... NASCAR.  The "professional wrestling" of the motorsports world...
Such an easy target, aren't they?  You've got to respect the marketing
concept behind successfully duping a bunch of rubes into thinking that their
beloved Ford is actually RACING against the antichrist Chevy (or vice
versa).

My personal favorite is when BMW expressed an interest in entering NASCAR
with the 840i (which apparently met the letter of the rules at the time for
acceptance), and the NASCAR guys immediately implemented a small handful of
NEW rules seemingly specifically designed to exclude it.

Don't want to start upsettin' the applecart now, do we?

Paul Misencik
Huntersville, NC  28078
(A suburb of Charlotte, and smack dab in the middle of Mecklenburg county,
where NASCAR is the second largest employer in the county, behind banking...
can you imagine?)