Re: Euro Cams

One somewhat important piece of info that has come up in the past, but which I haven't seen specifically mentioned in the current thread is that while the timing marks on the factory cams are all the same, the corresponding marks on the cam caps are not. This probably won't cause any serious problems, but unless you adjust the cam timing you might not be getting all the power or performance you would otherwise gain. For ex: if the stock cams for your car were timed at 102 degrees and you swap in a set of the Euro cams and match up the timing marks you will end up with a set of Euro cams timed at 102 degrees (instead of the 99.5 degrees or whatever it is that they are supposed to have). I bought a set of cardboard protractors from AR Ricambi a couple of years ago to time my cams. They aren't the most accurate tool, but worked fine and showed my Euro cams to be a couple of degrees off. Correcting this cured a nasty low spot in the powerband.
There was a post a few years ago about the optimal timing for the Euro cams on Spica 2L which iirc included changing the timing on the Spica pump. I don't recall the particulars, but anyone interested should be able to dig it up in the archives.

-Obie
Tacoma, Wa.
alfetta, 164, gtv6s oh my!