My Alfa

Greetings,
I am a relatively new Alfa owner out here in Sunnyvale, CA-- a black 1988 Spider Graduate. I moved to CA three years ago and each year I've wanted a convertible more than the last. I looked at the Miata and friends, but the Alfa seemed a better choice-- much cheaper and way better looking with specs in the same ballpark. In general the car is in good condition and runs great, but does have some issues, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer any advice. Also, I have had nothing significant go wrong yet, but can anyone recommend a good south bay shop where I could go for check-ups and maintainance? I am learning slowly, but am not yet to the point where I can competently do much with the mechanics. Also, we are heading out on a weeklong tour of California in a few weeks and I'd like to do it in the Alfa, and have the car be in great shape for it. (By the way, I'm in the process of signing up for overheadcams.org but they don't make it very convenient :-) .)
Anyway, here's the list of the things I've noticed-- most very minor issues, but perhaps that makes them that much easier to get right. If you're bored and want to help the new guy, feel free to offer advice on any/all of the items or where is the best (local?) place to get parts. Since the list is long and in no particular order, if anyone wants to reply to me directly I'll summarize useful tidbits to the list.
(By the way, I put up a few pictures and made an Alfa home page on Mark's wiki at http://alfa.denovich.org/ when I got the car. You can check out the SamKass owner page or the last 3 pictures in the Alfa People photo album to see the new ride.)
--Sam

The List:
1. The tach is broken. It sometimes sputters, sometimes reads consistently low, but is almost never accurate beyond 2,500rpm or so. Ground wire problem? Inside the gauge box or under the hood?
2. The driver's side seat back won't stay tilted forward. The knob on the side will tilt it, but if you press the brake hard you go chchchchchch back to fully reclined position. I currently leave it reclined, but is this something that I can repair or requires replacing the seat?
3. The passenger's side seat won't slide forward or back. It seems stuck somewhere underneath... the shop manual says that to work on it you should remove it... and to do that you should slide it forward and back to remove screws...
4. One bolt is missing in the soft top frame. I don't know the spec on these bolts to get a replacement. Would OSH have such a thing? The top works but is sometimes squeaky near that point.
5. Some rust in spare wheel well, but none elsewhere that I've found.
6. A spare key made. The guy at OSH had never heard of an "Alfa Romeo", let alone have a key template.
7. Heater fan switch broken. I opened it up and it's a really stupidly designed switch inside... I assume they must break a lot. Is this the type of thing a repair shop will have a bin of?
8. "Clunk" when shifting into 1st and 3rd sometimes. It seems to come from under the car a little rear of center, and I can feel it in the stick. Is this just me being a heavy-handed newbie, or something more ominous?
9. I noticed blue smoke one day accelerating out of stop and shifting to 2nd, but I can't reproduce it again. It doesn't seem to be the seals. (I can accerlate hard, lift my foot off the gas a bit, then floor it again and no blue cloud, which I'm told is the test for this.) Is this just normal sometimes? Was I driving it too cold? (The car had been going more than 5 minutes but not much more)
10. Brakes squeal. Guess I need new pads.
11. Floor lights. It gets kind of dark at night or in a closed garage, and the only internal lights that work are the gauge lights in the dash.
12. Glove box cover is separating into two parts and sometimes doesn't close securely.
13. Sun visor on passengers side rotates down too easily. Doesn't seem to be an obvious bolt to tighten to fix.