Rugh flywheel

From: GModelle@domain.elided
Subject: rugh flywheel

Gentle Alfisti,
Joe from Portland made some great observations on performance upgrades for
his two-liter. I have followed previously posted recommendations on machining
a stock flywheel to lighten it, but was alarmed by the fairly aggresive ( two
1/2" x 1/2" deep holes) drilling required to balance the thing after the
lathe work was done. I really, really hope the flywheel has not turned into a
grenade as a result of this lightening procedure. I'd appreciate a lead on
where to procure such an aftermarket flywheel. Any comment on the success of
lightening a stock one might help with peace-of-mind. Thanks.
Modelle in Somers Point

It was exactly these reasons that persuaded me to buy the flywheel from
Dave Rugh.  I'm sure there are many excellent aftermarket flywheels, but
Dave's local, he's a friend, and he let me come out to PIR for the
inaugural run of his 179C Formula One car.  Plus, he and Colleen are two
of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Phone him at 503-621-3794.  He'll probably answer the phone himself, and
can tell you what you need to know.

No commercial affiliation etc.

Peace.
Joe