Re: Transmission wrench

Christopher wrote:
>> I am in need of a allen wrench to remove the upper filler plug on my
Giulia
>> Super. There is very little clearance between the body and the
transmission
>> filler.

Chris, dunno if my GTV has more clearance than your Super, but I've found that
a Bondhus-type 14mm allen key works for me.  The short end seems to get in
there just fine to do the initial loosening or final tightening, while the
long end has a ball end to do most of the turning while at an angle.  Ordered
mine from McMaster-Carr for about $12 (stock no. 5503A54, (562) 692-5911)

Unfortunately my purchase was prompted because I managed to break the weld on
the special allen wrench that was in my original toolkit  :-(

David Khoe
Yorba Linda, CA