Motronic pistons in older 2L engines

Dion observes and asks:

"i thought it is a popular modification to use Motronic pistons with
the classic twincam 2L heads.  higher compression than your
original '79 pistons, and a better shaped chamber for
combustion than typical aftermarket high compression pistons."

"could i be off here, and the Motronic heads were different?"

Far as I know, all US 2L heads and combustion chambers were similar, the only
differences being mods for fuel injection and emission fittings.

Motronic (10:1 c.r.) pistons are supposed to be the hot ticket, supposedly
outperforming both the stockers and high performance 10.4:1 pistons because
the Motronics' lower domed top interferes less with flow through the
hemispherical combustion chamber.*  I'm running Motronics in my '72 rebuilt
engine with the 10548 cams folks are asking about and stock 114,000 mile SPICA
pump.  The Rugh chrome-moly steel flywheel helps too; it is a delightful
engine.  Quick, lively, does not asphyxiate bystanders, and in the PIR Slut
personality, dances around the local race track with her skirt held 'way up
high.

Plus, in moving traffic, getting about 25 mph.

I can't think why I'd buy anything but Motronic pistons in any semisane street
motor I was rebuilding, assuming the local Institute of Empirical Research
recommended them to pass smog for my year car.

YMWV,
Joe
Portland
'72 Spider
'73 Berlina in which I am not changing the existing 10.4:1 pistons.
*I wonder how many of these truisms are accepted on the basis of someone,
somewhere, having tried them and liked them, and written how much he liked
them, the week before he burned holes in pistons, seized the frammus and blew
the tranny?