re: Sperry Stage III a bomb?

At 3:26 PM +0000 3/12/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:11:56 +0100
From: "Korolyshyn, Dan Mr. DAC DPW ENGR RESOURCE MGMT BR" <Dan.Korolyshyn@domain.elided>
Subject: Sperry Stage III a bomb?

To make a long story short, after a year of struggling to get a Stage III
head from Sperry Valve Works, the second head that I received from them
turned out to be a 2.0 liter head with a combustion chamber that my
Alfa mechanic here in Italy says is not acceptable for my US spec 1979 Alfa
Spider engine. The Sperry head is not a motronic head but has a combustion
chamber which the mechanic says is deeper than the one on my car, whose
head I have not taken off yet as I don't want to take my car off the road
until I get all of my parts together for an engine rebuild. The mechanic
says that I can not use this head which is probably off of a two liter
Alfa 75 (Milano). Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this
issue? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I was pretty sure that all 2L 75s were TwinSpark. And I don't see what's wrong with a deeper combustion chamber--just get appropriately different pistons to keep the compression ratio the same.

-Joe