Re[2]: GTV6 rear brakes

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:24:11 -0500 "Spencer, Graham" <Graham.Spencer@domain.elided> wrote:
> >i have gotten recommendations for a number of wrenches (bonney, snapon,
> >mac) but have yet to get one.

> >basically, you want a 6 point box end, longer than usual, which lays
> flat
> >(most box ends have an angle at the end, but this induces a torque.)
> >
> >i'm considering switching the whole thing to the milano allen head
> >arrangment while i've got it apart. this would free me up to be
> destructive
> >in getting the two remaining bolts out.

> Thanks! At least know I know it _is_ possible. Looks like I need to look
> into the milano set up as well.  I guess I'm going wrench shopping
> tonight.

be aware:

husky has some long chrome wrenches that are 12 point (not 6), and have the
angle. i used these with some success, but 6 point would have been better
and the angle is still there, so the force is applied at an offset

sears has some 6 point in a shorter size, these are too short to get enough
force on.

i don't know what selection lowes has, the nearest one is a bit of a drive
from here. i gather their house tool brand is ok.

mac and snapon are expensive, and you'll have to get their truck to come
by. snapon discontinued over the counter sales at their warehouses a few
years ago.

i've yet to find a dealer for bonney.

richard