[no subject]

Russ Neely said:

>The older the car gets, the harder finding parts is going to be.
>
>Check the prices of Giulietta parts on eBay if you do not believe me.

I have a theory that the availability of older Alfa parts tends to go through a curve.  You can now buy parts for Giulietta's that just a few years ago didn't exist except buried in some hidden cache of NOS parts.  Giuliettas finally hit the age where there is sufficient demand to warrant tooling up for reproduction parts and body panels.  Of course, they don't come cheap - but they are available.

Early Kamm-tail Spiders aren't quite there yet - and the stock of NOS and good used parts is drying up.  In a few years, though, you might very well be able to order up new trim bits from Re-Originals for that 71 Spider, or new body panels from Wolf Steel - but you can bet it won't be cheap.

It might not be so much that it's getting harder to keep older Alfas on the road, as much as it's getting more expensive.

As for eBay, I have gotten a few good deals on there - it helps to search for the common ways people spell Alfa wrong...

- Paul Witek
CBA (Currently Between Alfas)