Re[2]: Where to weigh a track car? - SF bay area

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:51:47 -0800 dlou <dlou@domain.elided> wrote:
> >Any suggestions on places in the south bay to weigh a
> >car?  I'm happy with a total vehicle weight at this
> >point, since I'm really just looking for a baseline.
> >Once I get the weight down I'll start worrying about
> >corner weights.

> >The car is in Santa Clara.

> You could try the Sunnyvale SMART station or
> the Zanker dump on a day when they're not too busy (Sunday afternoon
> is probably a good time).

i'd look for a local race shop, or see if someone affiliated with SCCA tech
can help.

the scales at transfer stations are generally much, umm "coarser",
instruments than those used by race teams. additionally, the portable
scales used by racers generally let you get corners as well (assuming setup
on a level surface), which will ultimately be important to you.

i'm speaking from my background of ca. 10 years in SCCA tech, and from my
current project currently writing a java system for use in the scale houses
of a waste disposal consortium, which has to interface with the digital
scale indicators in common use. so i've seen both classes of scales...

richard