Re: Brake Pads - Spider

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:39:13 -0500  "Bain, Bill" <Bill.Bain@domain.elided> wrote:
> My understanding is that VIR is not so easy on the brakes so I'm looking
> for a recommendation for a good street/track day pad.  Since I have to
> drive the car there, I can't use a track-only pad.  The rotors are
> nearly new (less than 3000 miles).  Any suggestions?

pads are easy to swap at the track (unless they're inboard on
alfettas/gtv-6s/milanos).

i'd suggest burning in a set or two of track pads some weekend, taking
them out, driving to the track, and swapping the track pads back in for the
duration.

as your driving skills improve, you will certainly need to be able to swap
pads and bleed brakes at the track on an as-needed basis.

one of my defintions of driving skill levels is this:

you know you're an intermediate when you can readily trash your brakes in
one session.

you'll know you're advanced when you stop doing that.

richard