Re: shop vac and flushing coolant

In a message dated 3/5/03 9:34:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, Graham writes:

>  Is there any reason you couldn't use a shop vac to evacuate the coolant
from
>  a car? I'm guessing it's probably a bad idea, or it seems like it would be
>  more common to just suck the old out, top off with water a few times to
>  flush; vacuuming in between then filling again. Just looking at the shop
vac
>  last night and wondering.

I'd worry about introducing a fine mist of coolant into the breathable air
via a shop vac. Nasty stuff to aspirate. Saw a buddy do something similar
with fireplace ash when he decided to clean the fireplace quickly -- he was
dusting the house for weeks afterward trying to clean up the mess.

My .02

Tom
Seattle
6310123