Re: 1600 crankshafts

At 9:32 PM 3/5/03, borrani@domain.elided wrote:

Steve,

All I know for sure is that 1600 --- 8-weight cranks were available in both
forged and billet for "racing" purposes. Could look the part numbers for
you if needed.

Nitriding a crank SOMETIMES produces a crack in it. The new, ion-plasma
nitriding process is by far the "safest" in this regard as well as with
regard to warping . Learned this from the "older fellas" at Moldex Tool,
who certainly should know of what they speak !

Greg