1600 crankshafts

Hey All,

Some of you have heard my plea from other digests or personally, but it's time
to spam this list for some info as well.

A routine magnufluxing of my GTA's crankshaft shows an indication of a crack in
the fillet (radius) of #3 rod journal, at a critical location.  The crack
cannot be seen or felt, but that's what magnufluxing is for.

The current crank is probably from a standard GTV, it has a single
counterweight per throw.  I had it knife-edged, balanced, and nitrided.  So sad.

I am now looking to replace it, and I know that Autodelta used a double
counterweight crank (looks just like a standard 1750 or 2000 crank) for their
endurance motors.  My big question to this digest is, did Alfa upgrade the
cranks they used in 1600 motors in Alfas produced in the '70's and '80's to
double counterweights?  This is more of a question for our european digesti.

This would be a natural choice to replace my ailing crank.  Anyone have good
access to parts books that show this feature?

Using a 1750 is illegal in my vintage racing organization.

Thanks for all your help,

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA