Gauge Lighting

Hey cats,

Not garage lighting, but gauge lighting this time.

I've collected several gauges over the past year to put in my Alfas.
I'm making panels to put them in and examining the wiring and such.

They all have a hole for the light bulb. Some have just a hole, some
have a cylinder on the hole. What kind of bulbs go in there? I've
seen pictures of the back side of gauges with what looks like a rubber
or plastic plug  with a wire comming out. Are the bulbs a rubber
or plasitic socket that just pushes in to the hole? Where can I find such
a part?

Some of the gauges are from an Alfa Spider, and some are Stewart
Warner.

Thanks,
Stefano.
Oakland, CA