Re: Alfa SUV (Kamal) specs & pics up

The specs don't list the weight of this vehicle, but its length is exactly
the same as my Toyota Matrix, which is Corolla based (i.e., not a truck) and
only weighs 2,800 lbs. The Alfa is 4 inches wider and 2 inches taller than
the Matrix, but it's still fairly small compared to the true SUVs. Though I
too loathe SUVs, I think of the Matrix as more of a sporty station wagon,
which is practicle for us because my wife and I are involved with Airedale
Rescue and need it to help in transporting dogs. At 2,800 lbs with 180 hp
and a six speed, it is a lot of fun to drive (the thing revs to 8400 RPM!)
and gets over 30 mpg. My point is, at its relatively small size, this Alfa
(with 246 hp) might still be a fun (and useful) vehicle. Truthfully, if it
had been available in the U.S. when I bought the Matrix, I would definitely
have been interested.

Wendell Murray
Memphis
'91 164L