Re: Official: Alfa SUV is Kamal

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:25:20 -0700
bearbvd@domain.elided (Greg Hermann) wrote:

> >I hate that Alfa have stooped to this, but today the new Alfa Romeo
> >Kamal
>
> So named because it was designed by a committee ?? Or does it have one
> or two humps on its roof ??

You asked, so from the press release:

"In Sanskrit 'Kamal' indicates the colour red. In Arabic, the same terms
stands for 'perfection' or the 'synthesis of opposites'. Different
languages, and different meanings which balance and mutually complement
each other in the same word. An evocative force to describe the latest
concept car from Alfa Romeo, presented at the 73rd Geneva International
Motor Show."

Hope that helps.... ;-)

Ciao

Zak