Early Motronic

Tabucchi staes that Alfa introduced Motronic in the 1983 Alfetta
Quadrifoglio Oro which is the car that Mark owned.
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC

Subject: Re: Alfa Motronic

Paul  Misencik wrote:

>Porsche then went on to offer fully-digital Motronic injection in 1983,
>almost before anyone else.  BMW was right there with them, bringing it out
>in 1982 on the 533i and 733i I think, and maybe even earlier on some
>European models.  Those two companies, BMW and Porsche, were leading the
way
>in those days.  They definitely had the digital bit firmly between their
>teeth.  Conversely, Mercedes-Benz and Alfa Romeo were pretty much bringing
>up the rear, at least from a digital engine management perspective.

Maybe in the USA...? But Alfa Romeo was also using Motronic in some cars in
Europe by the early 1980s. I'm not sure which year it was first released,
but some years ago when I lived in Sweden I owned a 1984 Alfetta Gold
Cloverleaf that was the top spec Alfetta in its day complete with Motronic
and VVT. Started well at -20 deg C....

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand