Re: alfa-digest V9 #301 - Fender "roller" tool

In a message dated 2/28/2003 11:39:02 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:39:41 -0800
> From: "TJ Noto" <tj@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: Fender "roller" tool
>
> I've heard that the baseball bat approach yields less than optimal
> results.  I checked in with Rob to discuss renting his tool and it turns
> out he has a 6 month waiting list!  Seems his $600 investment may start
> bearing fruit after all.
>
> Regards,
> TJ

       My baseball bat is a two foot section of 3 inch conduit.  It works
fine.  At least one helper and preferably two are required.  One holds the
"bat."  One pushes the car and the third stands on and bounces if required
the bumper.
       I have not had problems cracking the paint, or not in the areas that
show.  Maybe I was lucky.
       By the way, I first learned of the baseball trick from Hot Rod
Magazine.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City