Re: Alfa Spica vs Ferrari Webbers

The last post by Paul Misencik and the follow up from James Montebello were
very enjoyable.  I used to own a '84 Mazda GLC sedan which had a carb
attached to what I think was a 1.6 liter four.  I had to stand on the
throttle to redline(which I guessed at because there was no tach) to get even
moderate performance.  The frugality of a carb to keep the price down for its
target market probably negated the very idea of fuel injection.  For some
markets then, maybe the question was not based on emissions or even
performance(since the carb vs. injection performance debate has been
discussed at length on this digest) but on price.

Brian Ancelin
71 Spider
Denton, TX