RE: BMW Air Flow Meter - Open Filter Replacement

> Awww, save yourself some money do what I did. I put a K&N open cone
air
> filter on my existing AFM on my Milano. If you can work with
<snip>
> Just my way of  building a better  (and cheaper) mouse trap.
<snip>

I'd argue as to whether this is 'better' or not.  A K&N cone filter
taking in hot air from the engine compartment may not result in much of
a net improvement.

Fwiw, I believe that one of the benefits of the 325 AFM is a larger
diameter throttle body, something which the K&N cone filter doesn't
provide.

bs