electric fans

Joe cantrell wrote:
>On the small debate about the merits of pushers vs. pullers, getting the
fan out of the engine compartment is > good thing, IMHO.  As Fred noted, a
large fan motor can partially block air flow, but I've had no trouble with
>that in the Spider.  And when it is turned on, temps always drop to 180F,
rght now.

I second that. My GTV has a single pusher fan that serves both the AC and
the radiator. I have no overheating problems and it gets hot here in South
Carolina.

My spider should be back on the road in a few weeks after an engine rebuild
and a lot of smaller jobs. It too will have an electric fan. I bought an
Alfa Spider AC fan for $20 on Ebay and a new Spider temperature switch for
$10. I wired it up this evening with a $1.75 Bosch relay from partsexpress.
I think that it is the way to go - less noise, less stress on the water pump
bearing, a few more HP and more room in front of the engine.
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC