An act to amend Section 44011 of the Health and Safety Code, relating to air pollution.

Okay kids, this is my take. Let my fingers do the walking on Google (god
I love those guys) and if you want to contact Senator Florez, here's his
email address: Assemblymember.Florez@domain.elided

Google also gives his business and home phones elsewhere.

It is suggested on the list of assemblymen if you contact them - "Email
letters should be written as formally as a postal letter * Email letters
must contain your name and address."

Yeah, I had a whole bunch of other things to say, but knowing
individual's attention span - especially Senator's helpers - shortened
it up as much as I possibly could.

My personal feeling is that if everyone copies / pastes this it will
look like a faaaaar right wing group trying to 'influence' a Senator's
view on a woman's right to choose (or, I suppose, not choose).

Write / right your own.

Anyone know who Irwindale's Senator is? (I'm being naive enough to
believe we actually have one).

**********

Dear Senator Florez:

This email is in regard to your proposed statute of amending the 30 year
rolling exemption for required smog tests on automobiles to be changed
to 45 years.

I'm sure you are aware this affects only a very small but extremely
dedicated group of individuals who value their cars considerably more
than any price guide might suggest.

Whilst the US could well be considered a disposable society (with
perhaps California leading the herd), there are many of us who don't
take that viewpoint - especially with our automobiles.

The engineering of automotive pollution controls were in their infancy
30 years ago - and virtually nonexistent before then.

This does not mean the majority of these cars are remotely 'gross
polluters'. Most are lovingly cared for but to retrofit an older engine
/ inlet / exhaust system to meet your proposed strict guidelines is
virtually impossible - from both availability and cost standpoints.

Please reconsider - or better yet drop - your proposed legislation.

F. Biba
1438 Arrow Hwy. Suite H
Irwindale, CA 91706