From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Giller,Bruce C.
Sent: dinsdag 25 februari 2003 18:13
To: alfa-digest
Subject: Cranky electric window

	The drivers side door window no longer winds down on my '86
Spider Veloce without some significant help from me (open door, pull
down on top of window whilst pressing the "Down" button).  You can hear
the motor trying to help out.  When the window has traveled about 1/2
way down, then it will slowly move down by itself.  Of course, it goes
up with alacrity, not hesitating a bit.  I have coated the window guide
with silicone spray to make things a bit slicker, but to no avail.

	I have removed the window switches from the dash and had a look
at them
- nothing really bad there, I cleaned up the contacts.  But this had no
effect of the window.

	Can the electric motor be going bad in only one direction?  It
isn't as if there are more "down" movements of the window as there are
of "up" movements.

	Anything else I can test before opening the door panel to have a
look-see?

	Bruce

	'73 GTV - was covered with 2' of snow, now cleared
	'86 Spider - likewise