CA 708 to repeal 30 year exemption?

I just saw this on another list, is this true??

--- excerpt below ---
Forward from the National Motorists Association...

Dear California NMA Members,

Senate Bill 708 repeals the current pro-hobbyist exemption for
vehicles 30 years and older and replaces it with an exemption for
vehicles that are 45 or more model years old commencing
January 1, 2005.
--- excerpt above ---

If this is true, then I'm even MORE glad that I left CA behind. I feel for
you in CA. Of course, sadly, as does CA first so goes the rest of the
country eventually it seems. :(

I'm hoping this is not true, but given the "radical" nature of some CA
laws this would not surprise me in the least.