New Maserati's

All:

For the last 3-4 days many on the Alfa digest has been talking about the new
Maserati offerings. Yesterday the weather in the NW was splendid - sunny,
clear, new snow in the mountains, and about 48 degrees! A great day for some
exercise, so we took my wife's new spyder for a top down two hour spirited
drive on some of the fine roads here in the cascade foothills. What a blast!
I want to do it again today, but I got to work. Damn

I couldn't help but think of all the conversation about depreciation,
modifications and adjustments while we were pushing the limits of the road.
I wouldn't change a thing on that car. It is truly a piece of art the way it
makes every curve seem like a kink in the road. Every time I drive it I fell
like it is begging for more. When you push it harder and it wants even more!
I find it hard to believe that a car that performs this well will lose much
of its value in the near term. You will be waiting for some time for the
value to drop. JH is right.

Save you dollars and buy one - it is worth every dollar. Or hope your wife
decides to buy one as a daily driver, so you can play with it on nice days,
too. I am a lucky man!  Alfa content - Let's just hope that Ferrari buys
Alfa so the quality can transfer to the new Alfas too. We won't be
disappointed.

Fred Wright

NWARC

77 Spider

85 GTV-6

01 Maserati Spyder ( Kathy's daily ride)