Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:30:41 -0500
From: Mark Denovich <mark@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Dynamat

giovannirizzo wrote:

Just had a speaker blow on the Milano. As I'll have to go in and replace,
I'm thinking of adding some dynamat or similar sound absorbtion material on
the door panels. i remember an AD member noting there was a less, expensive
and lighter alternative.
Frost King Duct Insulation, is I believe the same stuff as the
under-hood Dynamat insulation. It is a foil backed, adhesive covered
1/4" foam. Works pretty well for deadening panel vibrations, and is a
good insulator (keeps my ABS Unit from acting up.) $15 a roll at Home
Despot. I don't know how it compares with the other heavier
asphalt-based dynamat.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org