GTV electric radiator fans

Greetings Alfisti !

A while back I asked the digest how some of you have done an electric radiator fan conversion to a 74 ( or similar ) GTV.

I have decided to go with a pusher fan by Perma-Cool and their adjustable wiring kit which uses a weld-in fitting in the radiator. This will achieve the best quality installation I think. Puller fans are more efficient but there just isn't the space for that setup ( although at last summers Alfiesta car rally I saw a 71 GTV with DUAL puller fans - very trick installation ).

My only question to you all now is which size fan to use. The 12" fan needs 12.5" of clearance which is the absolute maximum vertical space available. A 10" fan will fit no problem. Since our cars only really need the fan in traffic ( which this car will hardly ever be in ) is the extra cooling of the 12" fan necessary ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao !

Dan
67 Duetto