Re: NEW Maserati's and "improvements"

Hello All!

Let me elaborate a bit on my previous comments as John Hertzman brings up an
interesting and valid point.  This is my last post on this subject as this is
the Alfa Romeo digest NOT the Maserati digest.

1. Typically Ferrari owners do not modify their cars very much if at all.  In
fact, modifications do tend to lower the values of the car so modified.  The
one exception to this is the TUBI exhuast.  This system is expensive, light,
beautiful and louder than stock.  BTW, TUBI has made exhuasts for the Ferrari
Formula one team in the past and may still be doing so.  Frankly, due to
various noise regulations and a general move towards more comfortable and
useable Ferraris, the new cars are fairly quiet.  Many owners want a bit more
sound.  Most Ferrari owners are not that mechanically inclined (unlike Alfa
Owners) and are not going to make modifications to their cars as the dealers,
Ferrari (and myself) discourage it.

2.  With Respect the the Maserati, I mentioned the modifications that I would
personnally perform just because I think they really bring out the character
of the car, however, the performance of the the car does NOT need help and
especially it does t need wider or lower profile tires.  In fact, such
changes might well ruin the ride and handling.  However, From my, point of
view, the car is a bit too quiet and the car appears to sit up on its' wheels
a bit.  I just happen to prefer a more aggressive looking car.  The great
thing about these changes is that they are easily reversable back to stock.

3.  The Maserati appeals to a different type of buyer than the Ferrari.
Ferrari buyers are looking for an extreme car that is one of the finest pure
sports cars on the planet.  Ferrari buyer has very little concern for
practicality as the often have several other normal cars.  The Maserati buyer
is looking for a car that is less of a toy and more usable. I think the great
thing about the Maserati is the fact that you can acctually use the car daily
and enjoy every minute of it.  At times, driving a Ferrari can be an exercise
in frustration as it gives its best under more ideal circumstances.

Regarding, the sales figures, the quantities are on the Maserati website.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

David Alexander
Riverside, IL

76 Alfetta Track/Street 3.0  (not even close to stock!)