Alfa Romeo rumors?

A thought occurred to me when I saw the new and facelifted cars on alfacentro.com.

I have heard nothing about these cars coming till now. Granted - I don't follow automotive news in depth, but to make a parallel to my other interest - Macintosh computers - the internet is awash with rumor, speculation and news sites about upcoming Macs. Further, the suppliers, developers and employees work under strict NDA and Apple will sue if someone breaks it (which happens for every new model BTW albeit closer and closer to release - last time was only 12 hours or so before).

So how is it in the car industry? I know that Ford came down hard on a guy running a rumor site about the big blue oval but are NDAs as strict? Do leaks occur? Pocket digital cameras smuggled out of the design studios? I've seen the camouflaged prototypes race along the Autostrada out of Torino with Prova plates on and I've seen the pictures in the magazines from the Pyrenees which seems to be the favorite testing grounds of Euro car manufacturers these days along with that place in Sweden, but by this time the cat will more or less be out of the sack anyway.

What are the rumors on new spider/GTV development for example? I saw that terrible design study last year and hope to $DEITY that that isn't it - the one with the biscuit tins on the flying buttresses. Latest I heard was that the Brera was being seriously considered for limited manufacture since everyone agrees that it's a stunner.

Curiously yours

Jacob Haagerup
Rotterdam, Nederland
'75 GT 1600 Jr., M 1.8