Re ALFA 75

Dear Fellows,

the 75 with the 4 cyl engine is my car.

It did not sell so I will address some of the questions that have arisen
here.

Luca's explanation of the gas consumption led row is correct.  I think it
useless and irritating, but it is my opinion.

Luca is, however mistaken is suggesting the car has had the head replaced.
I bought the car from the estate of the original owner, and airforce offer
in Udine, aged 82.  I dealt with his very kind and reputable son in low, a
professor of philosophy at a local lyceum and I was assured, and I fully
believed, the car was never apart or in a major accident.  It was driven
less than 30,000 miles in 16 years.  Luca is correct in pointing out that
this is a early car and perhaps that is why the oil filler cap is not to the
side.  The car is totally original, other than I can the Solex for a pair of
Webers.  The brochure I have for this car, a kind present form my friend
I.R. and the italian edition at that, shows the engine just like mine.

I bought the car, got it stuffed in a container in Genova and took it out of
the container in Vancouver 3 weeks later.  It is to my knowledge the only 4
cyl 75 in North America.  I have done it before when I want a specific car
not avelable here.  It is rather expensive but not too difficult.  The car
is registered in Canada and I drive it everyday.

I have the paper work and all the that including the import papers.

Somewhat to my surprise the car is not very interesting to the north
American user, I thought it was the perfect combo of carbs, four door and
later layout.  And after having owned a few 116 cars, which I thought great,
I can truly say this series is much better quality all around.

Now you know,

Regards, Andrea