re: 75 instruments

At Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:18:13 -0500 Joe Elliot wrote:

>I was looking at that 75 1600 on eBay in Canada and saw this:
>http://users.imag.net/~annelevy/instruments.JPG

>Can anyone tell me what those extra lights are in the instrument cluster?

It should be the gasoline consumption gauge. Tells you in real time if you are
using much gas or not. On a relaxed ride at constant moderate speed it will
tell you are doing well. Accelerating from 35mph in 5th full throttle it will
show you're drinking gas like mad :)

IT was a nice thing back in 80s. I remember the Lancia Prisma had it (I owned such car).
Also the Fiat Tipo "Digit" probably. One uncle of mine owned a Fiat Ritmo "Energy Saving
edition" and it had such a gauge as well.

At home I've a complete spare dashboard I am parting out, and there's that gauge :)

BTW I've taken a look to this web site, just to get information about this 1600 in Canada.
I have owned the Alfa 75 1.6, and put an hell of km on it.
I got a doubt about it: the head looks all but original. All 4 cylinders alfa 75
I've seen (10? 20? 30? 40? 100? 1000?) or owned (3 myself, plus my mother's one)
had the Oil cap on the RIGHT side of the head, seeing the engine bay from front
bumper. This one is in the center. I am puzzled.

The type of hood ("pushed down") tells it's one of the 1st series (then, luckly, replaced
buy the "embossed" one). Mirrors confirm that.
I owned this car (but with newer mirrors). Same color.  And it had the cap on the
right. I don't know if this is an even earlier serie. I don't really know.

ciao
Luca

"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73